Monday 4 February 2013

January 2013 Training Wrap-Up

I thought using my blog to keep track of my monthly training would be a good way to see how I am progressing and to make sure I am reaching the goals I set for myself.  Also I find that when I publish my workouts it gives me the drive to continue pushing. 

January was a good month and I am pleased with the results.  I am not training for anything specific at the moment, just working on getting back in good shape and creating a base to hopefully participate in some races this year.  I did not suffer with any injuries which I am pleased about.  My sciatic and IT band cooperated through the month and I think a lot of this is due to spending more time stretching after workouts.  I invested in a pair of bike shoes mid month and they are making the world of difference for me on the bike.  I did not run as much as I would like, but sometimes that is the way it goes with this Alberta weather.  I also only hit the pool once which is not like me at all, but I made up for it in other areas.  Ryan and I also took off for four days to Las Vegas and I did not do any training then.  However walking around Vegas in high heels was a workout of its own!  Lets break it down:

Hours of training = 25 hours
Spin x 9 = 206.5 km's
Run x 6 = 62.4 km's
Swim x 1 = 3,250m
Row x 5 = 15 km's
Weights/tabbatta/kinesis/kickboxing/core= 7 hours 45 mins
Rest days = 8 (including 4 days in Vegas)

For the month of February my goal is to get some more running and swimming in.  I am loving the bike and can definitely tell my legs are getting stronger.  I am learning to push myself out of my comfort zone once again and I love it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment